Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Housewarming Cake

This cake was one of my favorite designs. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Many people asked me if the flower pot was real. Nope. The entire cake is edible. This cake was my first for many things; such as making a ribbon out of gum paste, making a mass quantity of flowers, using my leaf tip and lastly a new cake recipe!! I'm happy to say the white almond sour cream cake was a success. I also want to add that all of my cakes are original designs. I do get inspiration from other's creations from time to time, but so far all of my cakes are creations I've thought up and been fortunate enough to bring to life in cake! I originally had the idea to put a simple flower pot on top of the cake...but what fun would that have been? I realized it was more my style to have the flowers falling off of the cake and appear to have scattered about on the cupcakes below.


6 comments:

  1. My word WOMAN! So talented! I like that new cake stand too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting tonight! I've been looking forward to seeing this. Mom was right; you did an amazing job.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW!!! You have amazing talent! Watch out Duff and the Cake Boss... lol! Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, I don't think there will ever be a "goodbye Army" cake in our life! Cory is going back to the Reserves, so it seems! But I would love for you to do a "welcome home" cake when he gets back here for good! I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous! I love the matching cupcakes!

    I am a new reader and love your blog!

    --DC Prep

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stinkin WAIT to see what you are bringing to Pbug's party! Can't wait to see you both again too! Thanks for letting us stay at your pad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, what are you making for Pbug?

    ReplyDelete